Join my SWAPO online community, to share your vision of a better Namibia, participate in discussion forums, and receive regular updates by e-mail.Make your voice heard: Tell the world about your views and suggestions. Write to newspapers, call in to talk shows, share your experiences of the first fifteen years of freedom, and how working together we can do more.
Cde. Jerry Ekandjo
Secretary for Information and Mobilization
Cde. Joel Kaapanda
Deputy Secretary for Information and Mobilization
Cde. Linda Nuuyoma
SWAPO PARTY Secretary for Information and Mobilization
- The Secretary for Information and Mobilization shall be the PARTY’s spokesperson on media and communication matters, and shall be responsible for gathering, analyzing, publishing and disseminating information on the socio-economic and political conditions in Namibia.
- He or she shall be responsible for composing, editing and issuing SWAPO PARTY press releases and publications and for arranging press conferences as may be directed by the Central Committee, the Political Bureau, or the President of SWAPO PARTY.
- He or she shall be accountable to the Central Committee and its Political Bureau.
- He or she shall be elected by secret ballot for five-year term of office by the Central Committee from amongst its members.
- He or she shall be eligible for re-election.
- He or she may by be removed from office by resolution of the Central Committee supported by at least two-thirds majority of the members.
- No PARTY member shall be eligible for election as Secretary for information and Mobilization of SWAPO PARTY unless he or she meets the requirements of Article (4) of this Constitution